Friday 27 April 2012

AQC in Melbourne


After Tassie I got to spend four days in Melbourne. My quilting friend, Chris, arrived and Top Gear left to go play cars in Canberra with his friends. Chris and I wasted no time heading off to the Australian Quilt Convention. It was held in the beautiful Melbourne Exhibition building.



The show featured the best of the best quilt from each state.
Lovely quilts like these from Katrina Hadjimichael;












Of course, a small amount of shopping was done......ahem!
The next few days were spent exploring some of what Melbourne had to offer, like the Victoria Markets, shopping in Bourke Street and Sunday at St Kilda.
I had a great time but it was lovely to get home after nearly two weeks away.
Happy stitching!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment